Residuals Lead, Apple TV+
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you'll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple's growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. Finance is critical to upholding our dedication to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company's future. Join us, and you'll have an important role in continuing Apple's legacy of efficiency and success. This is an exciting opportunity to help start our Residuals Department. In this role, your key responsibilities will be interpreting and analyzing legal and financial source documents to determine residual obligations in accordance with various guilds, unions and production service agreements. Additionally, you will calculate, prepare and process residuals in an effective, efficient and timely manner. Lastly, you will estimate and assist in accruing residual obligations.
- Individuals who have obtained a Manager level at a studio or production company, quickly, are more likely to be suited to this unique challenge. If you’re a Manager or a rising Manager, we’d love to talk to you!
- 4+ years of entertainment industry experience required, with at least 2 years in Residuals department.
- Residuals document preparation, processing and reporting experience.
- Knowledge of residual guild agreements.
- Must be able to comprehend and interpret collective bargaining agreements.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Highly motivated, analytical, proactive and self-sufficient.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to work independently and team up with various divisions and departments.
- New Media residuals experience is a plus.
- Passion for the Entertainment Industry.
- Forecast, set-up, pay and report residual obligations. - Liaise with Labor Relations, Production Finance and Production Accountants to gather required information. - Transfer relevant setup data to the third-party payment processor. - Analyze and interpret production and distribution contracts for residual liability. - Participate in the building and implementation process of new systems related to process improvements, efficiency, and standardization. - Collect vendor setup information.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in accounting, finance, business administration or similar degree and or equivalent combination of education and experience.