Media Streaming Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple's Streaming Media Team, is looking for proactive and hardworking engineers to join our streaming media playback team. Our team works on technologies that power streaming media playback experiences on Apple platforms (e.g, iPhone, iPad, ATV, Mac and Apple Watch). We build frameworks that provide client app’s the ability to stream highest-quality media available from your favorite video services (e.g. iTunes Movies, Netflix, HBO, Hulu, MLB, etc) without stalling by building on core technologies such as Core Media, AVFoundation.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++, with excellent multithreaded debugging skills
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills using network analysis tools such as WireShark, etc
- Good familiarity with code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with tight schedules and rapid development cycles
As a media streaming engineer in this role, you will be responsible for developing features, contributing to overall media systems design, work in areas related to video streaming, web-based playback, performance analysis and optimization, network bandwidth estimation and media adaption algorithms, etc.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/CE or equivalent
- Knowledge of media streaming protocols (e.g., HTTP Live Streaming HLS, DASH), codecs (e.g., H.264, HEVC, AAC, AC3) and transports/container formats (e.g., MP4, MPEG-2 TS)
- Experience in developing audio/video players.
- Experience in working with content protection technologies for media streaming is desirable
- Familiarity with CDN architectures (caches, origin servers, proxies, etc) is desirable.