Product Manager Intern, Decision Intelligence
Seattle, Washington, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Our team sits at the intersection of engineering, data science and product management, and plays a pivotal role in bringing decision intelligence to commerce. Decision intelligence is an emerging focus area that applies a decision quality layer on artificial intelligence / data products. Our work brings clarity on value to all our stakeholders and helps our product leaders build and execute outstanding strategies. This team is dynamic, hardworking, and passionate about decision quality, data science and hi-tech product management.
- Love analytical problems that require a sharp problem-solving mindset and the ability to think creatively
- Have a grounding in optimization methods (data science) and also basic familiarity with M/L distinctions
- Find yourself at home with Excel and have an eye toward making your models appealing and easy to work with
- Love writing to express yourself, and believe that good memos are a vital way to scale communication
- Have a learn-and-grow mentality and want to be challenged in a nurturing and supportive environment
Decisions are hard because of uncertainty. If we knew how the future would turn out, there’d be no decision to make. High-quality decision-making requires a deep engagement with both uncertainty and value, as also framing, alternatives, logic and commitment to action. You will have the opportunity to learn and apply the decision quality lens to data product evaluation, thereby delivering measurable decision intelligence to our product stakeholders. Your work will guide product managers in building robust strategies to optimize the commerce platform. This platform facilitates billions of transactions by hundreds of millions of customers in the App Store, and across Apple’s services, so you can add several 0s to the impact of your work! This role will require you to work closely with global and cross-functional teams such as Analytics, Engineering, Product Management, Product Marketing, Legal, Fraud, and Finance. You will be deeply supported as you learn the application of decision analysis in product strategy development and executive communication. You’ll love it here if you thrive in environments where introspective thought is valued just as highly as collaboration. Where quality matters over quantity. You will get a chance to hone your analytical, technical, writing, and facilitation skills along with developing a solid eye for clear business models.
Education & Experience
Currently pursuing a masters or PhD in a related field, graduating after December 2021. More than degrees, we are looking for attitude and aptitude. We believe that when the fit is right, people can pick up skills.
- You might stand out if you have some of the following (all are optional):
- - Formal training in Decision Analysis (Masters, PhD or professional training)
- - Knowledge of R&D Portfolio optimization
- - Computer Science degree
- - Previous experience in hi-tech Product Management
- - Previous e-commerce industry experience
- - Familiarity with the Apple ecosystem