Product Manager, Conversational Support
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. AppleCare Digital is seeking a Product Manager to help own the suite of features and capabilities that powers Apple’s Conversational Support experience. The Product Manager is responsible for building and executing a vision for simple, intelligent support through messaging applications, including Business Chat (in Messages) and WeChat, using automated self-service and human assisted support delivered through the application of new and emerging technology. This highly cross-functional role will focus on features that support Apple Pay and Apple Card customers, and will partner with related business partners and software engineering teams to define, develop, test, launch, and sustain customer-facing experiences and internal-facing tools in support of Conversational Support and Apple Pay & Apple Card goals. The ideal candidate will have confirmed experience with product management, iOS and web technology, agile software development, and team leadership. The position requires creative thinking, an open mind, an ability to work cross-culturally and with a diverse set of partners, and the ability to cut through ambiguity, while using both problem-solving and relationship-building skills. Outstanding written and verbal presentation skills are required as well as an ability to present to both peers and senior executives/management.
- 2+ years of experience with cross-functional or agile software development projects.
- Experience in a customer experience and/or support function.
- Working understanding of NLP and ML.
- Experience with: internal platform tools and products, conversational design, artificial intelligence, financial services or banking a plus.
- Customer orientation: Incorporates customer impact in all team activities with the goal of improving overall experience and usability while keeping associated costs low. Maintains focus on customer experience and consistency with Apple product customer experience.
- Technical knowledge: Possesses a confirmed foundational understanding of basic machine learning principles, natural language processing capabilities, and web services (restful APIs).
- Impact and influence: Directs efforts and output of different internal groups, including governance and cross-functional project teams. Expects and gets quality, and takes ownership for outcome.
- Communication and relationship management: Establishes strong working relationship with peers and partners to address cross-functional process and inspire changes outside of the team. Communicates concisely and clearly in oral and written forms. Actively resolves conflicts with confidence and emotional intelligence.
- Quality and results focus: Has good business sense with a strong quality ethos. Meets commitments and drives closure to open items. Provides regular status updates to partners. Summarizes issues to key points and actions required. Drives day-to-day product management activities to meet overall roadmap objectives.
- - Decision-making: Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure. Uses data analysis and empirical information to support conclusions.
- Program management skills: Works closely with business owners to define specific requirements for initiatives and programs. Accurately scopes length and difficulty of multiple tasks and projects. Sets objectives and goals for self and team. Breaks work down into realistic process steps. Identifies risks and communicates them to partners and management. Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks. Measures performance against goals. Evaluates results and holds self and others accountable.
- Online User Experience: Represents the customer perspective across the entire Online Support experience. Articulates customer perspective to partners in order to influence and impact design, architecture, and content.
As a Product Manager focusing on Apple Pay & Apple Card in Conversational Support, you will lead product development efforts by conveying vision to the team, outlining work in the product backlog, and prioritizing it based on business value. You will assess the business and customer needs for Apple Pay & Apple Card support, identifying new customer experiences or improvement opportunities and pitching those ideas to cross-functional partners and leadership; you will strive for consensus and dedication, and raise appropriately when needed. You will build and grow strong partnerships with designers, business partners, and core team responsible for the conversational design and ongoing analysis and dialog performance, and use those partnerships as key input to develop informed requirements for program, process, and customer experience enhancements. You will investigate, test, and deliver new technical solutions to help power self-solve opportunities for customers seeking resolution to an issue or seeking to learn more about their Apple products. You are responsible for writing user stories and technical requirements with a focus on the details, and will work closely with engineering teams to execute with both quality and efficiency in mind. You will plan and implement data-gathering activities to ensure the program is meeting user and business needs and to plan future initiatives, including identifying and supervising critical significant metrics that support broader strategic goals. In doing so, you' will partner closely with analytics team to strategize and prioritize, and deliver regular reports to management.
Education & Experience
5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree, or 2+ years and a Master's degree