Cellular Layer1/Firmware Triage and Target Support Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of a world class modem team, you’ll diagnose sophisticated leading-edge embedded firmware that deliver more performance in our products than ever before. You’ll work across disciplines to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new cellular technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what wireless systems can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. Do you want to have an impact on every single Apple product? As a Cellular Layer 1 Firmware Engineer on this team, you will be at the center of the 5G/4G/multimode cellular firmware effort within a silicon design and firmware development group responsible for designing and productizing state-of-the-art cellular SoCs. This position requires someone comfortable will all aspects of embedded software development, that thrives in a dynamic cross-functional organization, is not afraid to challenge what exists openly, and is flexible enough to pivot on constantly evolving requirements.
- Experience with embedded real-time software system bring-up, debug, and test
- Proficiency in debugging embedded multi-mode software systems
- Familiarity with ETM, ETB, JTAG, HW breakpoints, Lauterbach, TRACE32 and any other
- trace and debug SW/tools
- Experience in real-time tracing systems
- Experience in scripting languages like Perl and Python
- Understanding of 5G and 4G 3GPP standards, or similar Wireless standards(2G,3G, WiFi) and competent knowledge on Physical Layer control is a plus.
• Bring-up, test, and debug a multi-mode L1 firmware architecture of a state-of-the-art mobile wireless communication system. Example areas include: • Silicon hardware bring-up: bench setup, board setup, debugger setup, callbox setup, trace capture setup, and bring-up execution • Feature bring-up: callbox setup, test case execution, debugging and issue isolation • Test campaign support • Real-time tracing design and implementation Automated triaging tool development and validation.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science, computer engineering or experience is required.