AI/ML - Sr Software Engineer, ML Platform & Technology
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Want to own the platform that helps enable the next generation of intelligent experiences on Apple products & services? In Apple’s Machine Learning Platform team, we have built a platform that engineers across Apple use for developing and validating their machine learning models on Apple devices. As a Senior Software Engineer on our team, you are responsible for designing & building software systems that are part of this platform. Our Platform is built using a variety of systems and services: from bare metal to managed infrastructure services, and everything in between. We use existing systems when possible, but do not shy away from rolling components ourselves. As a team, we have a variety of technical backgrounds and we exemplify a team of nerdy, pragmatic, proficient, product-focused engineers. Come join our team!
- Driven projects from inception to production, experience with partnering with other technical stakeholders
- Demonstrated technical leadership through influence and mentoring
- Comfortable working in earlier stages of product development with ambiguous requirements
- A passion for making simple, robust, and scalable platforms used by other engineering teams
- Strong software development skills, with proficiency in relevant languages (ex. Go, Python, Java, C++)
- Technical skills and experience in distributed systems and web services (in a production setting)
- Experience across the software services stack including front-end systems
- Proven proficiency with Micro-services, CI/CD, Container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes & EC2
- Experience using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks
- Experience with relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL or SQL Server
As a Senior Software engineer you have the following responsibilities: Own the architecture, design, development, and operations of systems designed for running machine learning workloads across all of Apple’s platforms and devices. These may include, but not limited to data management systems, engineering workflow systems, distributed compute systems, and their web portal & web service components. Partner with various teams and machine learning engineers across different Apple organizations to define high impact product features and deliver them with quality. In this role you are building the platform upon which other teams will develop pipelines which will have a direct impact on machine learning applications and products. Lead a group of engineers to deliver high quality products/services. Be able to stay on top of state-of-the-art technologies and apply them in the job. During the process, support junior engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.