Senior HID Sensor Algorithm Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Join the engineering team creating next-generation touch interfaces for iPad, Pencil, iPhone, Watch and more. We are an eclectic group with backgrounds in signal processing, computer science, estimation algorithms, human factors, and beyond. We thrive on inventing new ways of interacting with Apple products and shipping amazing products every year over year. We are looking for a signal processing or imaging specialist with working knowledge of probabilistic modeling, statistics and state machines. You must possess strong programming skills in functional and mathematical modeling languages. Good communication skills, and ability to drive discussions with cross-functional teams would come in very handy. Have you gained any experience with user interface design or graphics programming as well? That’s great! It will further help broaden your role and effectiveness. In this role, you will be working on innovative projects and features from start to finish and will be part of a team shipping products to millions of users.
- Strong academic background and industry experience in signal processing, probabilistic modeling and data driven algorithm development
- Strong theoretical knowledge of fundamental DSP concepts such as Adaptive filtering, linear algebra and statistics
- 5+ years of experience in developing algorithms for signal and image processing problems such as segmentation, image denoising, motion tracking, image contouring
- Experience in cross-functional interactions with hardware and firmware teams
- Expertise in Mathematical modeling languages such as MATLAB and Python
- Strong programming skills in C highly desired
- Strong ability to analyze both block level and end to end system performance
- Excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills
This is a key position where we operate at a focal point for HW/SW/UI integration. Your work and challenges will be dynamic and you will get to collaborate with skilled, diverse people across the company. Starting from early in the product lifecycle, your core responsibilities will include: - Investigating new technologies, prototyping concepts, coding and bringing up demos, and evaluating user impact. - Engaging other teams, brainstorming, and driving discussions to set direction for features and products. - Innovating/designing new algorithms, implementing and integrating in embedded or resource constrained systems. - Iterating with Human Factors and QA teams to polish your algorithms into robust and reliable features ready to ship to our customers.
Education & Experience
MS in CS/CE/EECS/Math; PhD is preferred. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.