Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The AOS team is responsible for delivering the e-commerce systems and solutions that enable and support the buying experience on apple.com. We build one of the slickest e-commerce site on planet while keeping Apple brand at the forefront in every aspect of the engineering. Our solutions are designed for global reach while keeping the regional nuances in mind. We use the latest in open source technologies in addition to building our own frameworks. The breadth of our engineering spans front-end technologies, middleware services, application servers, AWS infrastructure and various type of relational and noSql databases and sure to cater to anyone looking for a significant career in a highly transparent and rewarding environment.
- Experience in Source control management such as Git, Github
- Knowledge of Java build systems and tools including: Gradle, Maven, SBT, etc.
- Hands-on in scripting languages, Java, RDBMS (Oracle/MySQL) and Message queues
- Cloud Concepts and hands-on experience with Public Cloud Providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Working knowledge of containerization (Docker), and supporting technologies
- Experience with Orchestration tools like Kubernetes, Swarm, Mesos
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies like VMWare ESXi, Vagrant, KVM
- Knowledge of web servers and load balancers such as Apache HTTP Server, Nginx, HAProxy
- Experience working with server clusters consisting of 100s-1000s of machines, and deploying changing with zero downtime
- Experience maintaining automated build systems such as Jenkins, Bamboo
- A desire to write tools and applications to automate work rather then do things manually
- Familiarity with Splunk for investigating or monitoring problems on systems
- Experience maintaining large clusters using configuration tools such as: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt
- UNIX and Linux system administration experience
- Ability to use and build web applications using REST, JSON, or similar protocols.
- Experience test frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG and integrating test automation into DevOps pipeline
- Proactive and solution-oriented individual
- Must have good oral/written communication skills
Analyze the technology options/feasibility and define the build, delivery, and deployment pipeline for applications Provide leadership in implementing a secure, robust and high availability DevOps pipeline Automate build & deployment processes Work closely with engineers, QA, project managers throughout the software lifecycle in optimally delivering outstanding, large scale systems Implement push button deployment at scale with zero downtime
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 5+ years or MS degree with 3+ years experience, or equivalent