Performance & Thermal Engineer, Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you highly detailed and skilled at developing creative solutions? Do you enjoy building sophisticated solutions to highly complex challenges? Join this team and you will analyze the caliber of thermal architectures and gauge its impact on performance of electronic devices and inform future direction. This work is a vital component of the quality and efficiency of Apple’s future products. Join this group, and you’ll have a direct impact on the technology that shapes Apple’s customer experiences. Together, our work will be the reason millions of customers feel they can trust their devices every single day.
- Expertise in hardware and software thermal management solutions
- Strong background in power measurements and thermal testing
- Deep experience in gathering performance data for computer hardware and/or mobile devices
- Adept with data processing language/library such as Python3, Pandas, Scipy, Numpy, Matplotlib, Matlab or similar
- Comfortable with identifying and scoping necessary reworks to enable power and thermal measurements on commercial samples.
Apple’s Platform Architecture team is looking for an enthusiastic engineer with a strong background in thermal analysis, power measurements and performance characterization. We are seeking a team member who is self-driven with initiative and passion for thermal solutions in consumer products. In this role, you will define key metrics to evaluate passive and active cooling solutions. You will also design end-to-end automation system to collect useful data from devices and process it into meaningful insights.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or Ph.D in EE or CE or equivalent work experience.
- Sharp eye for benchmarking tools for product evaluation and high focus on user experience for experiment design
- Experience with communication protocols to interface with test tools (such Agilent, NI)
- Experience with data analytics and data visualization tools
- Proficiency and examples of coding in one of the languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++,Python, Unix, MySQL, Java Script
- Strong object-oriented design skills, coupled with a deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Fundamental knowledge of embedded processors, with in-depth knowledge of real time operating system concepts.