FaceTime Core Team Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is looking for an Engineering Manager for FaceTime to join and lead the development and growth of our FaceTime Core engineering team. This is the team responsible for crafting the infrastructure for the FaceTime application on both iOS, macOS, and watchOS, which is responsible for connecting hundreds of millions of people around the globe.
- Significant experience designing, developing, and delivering technology to support consumer products.
- A metrics mindset with experience using that expertise to drive tangible outcomes in reliability and performance.
- Experienced leader with proven ability to grow and guide a development organization through; productive critique, evangelism, training, learning, and coaching.
- Experience maintaining legacy code and backwards compatibility, with a record of replacing legacy code with new things in non-disruptive ways.
- A track record of initiating and managing cross-functional and cross-organizational projects, building productive relationships with stakeholders, and influencing decision makers.
- Dedicated, motivated, self-driven problem solver with a focus on building strong cross-functional partnerships which inform a long-term strategic vision for our products.
Join Apple’s FaceTime team as an Engineering manager who is responsible for the design and delivery of FaceTime Core technology. Our team cares deeply about building unparalleled experiences for our users who depend on FaceTime to connect with people around the world. In this role you will: - Work with your team, define a roadmap for our products. - Grow a world class diverse engineering team. - Work with colleagues on a shared code base, sharing and contributing in a highly collaborative environment. - Curate and actively contribute to the larger organization’s culture and processes.
Education & Experience
BS Computer Science or Equivalent