Localization Project Manager
Culver City, California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! We're growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most hardworking creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. The Video Operations group, part of Apple Media Product, is seeking a Video Localization Project Manager to handle and track the third-party creation and delivery of localized assets for Apple-branded video content. The Video Operations team focuses on crafting the premiere video experience for all content types, with impact throughout the industry, for a worldwide digital audience. Ideal candidates are not only passionate about entertainment, but also care deeply about the customer experience, and can contribute to a diverse organization with expertise in Partner Relations, Video Services, Technical Operations, and Quality Control. Our responsibilities include working with internal partners, ingestion of all video, audio, and ancillary assets, collaborating with developers on integration into our platforms & services, along with supporting localization, accessibility, quality control and more. We are a group of self-starters that thrive in a team oriented environment, utilizing analytical skills to compliment problem-solving abilities, to arrive at efficient solutions— all in order to support our collective goal of providing a truly extraordinary global customer experience for our EST/VOD, OTT, and subscription platforms.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in media localization at a studio, television network, or high level mastering or post facility.
- You have advanced knowledge of video and audio localization servicing workflows (foreign language subtitles, SDH, captions and dubbing).
- You understand the requirements and standards of different countries
- You know how to work with different audio/video containers, codecs, and file formats
- You are collaborative, organized and a great teammate
- You work well under pressure and with tight turnaround times
- You are adaptive, able to handle multiple expectations in a fast paced, growing environment
- You have strong presentation skills, ability to deliver impactful presentations at all levels of the organization
- You have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to see the big picture
- Proficiencies in other languages is beneficial
Day-to-day scheduling, tracking, and verification of localization orders Coordinate with internal production teams and 3rd party productions on timelines, proxy deliveries, and metadata requirements Create purchases orders for localizations services, reconcile invoices for final approval and payment. Help define localization strategy and create guidelines for the product Monitor all achievements and delivery due dates, update schedules, issue alerts if schedules are falling behind, and report status throughout final delivery to AMP Video Services and other partners Other responsibilities as assigned by management
Education & Experience
College education preferred, plus 5+ years’ experience in related localization work.