Asset Operations Specialist - Archive
Culver City, California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it Job Summary The Video Operations group, part of Apple Media Products, is seeking an Asset Operations Specialist for Asset Management/Archive and Servicing for Apple branded original content. We’re growing and urge you to apply. We Believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. 2. Department Summary The Video Operations team focuses on creating the premiere video experience for all content types, with impact throughout the industry, for a worldwide digital audience. Ideal candidates are not only passionate about entertainment, but also care deeply about the customer experience, and can contribute to a diverse organization with expertise in Partner Relations, TV App Services, Video Services, Technical Operations, and Quality Control. Our responsibilities include working with internal partners, ingestion of all video, audio, timed text, and ancillary assets, collaborating with developers on integration into our platforms and services, along with supporting localization, accessibility, quality control and more. We are a group that thrives in a team oriented environment, utilizing analytical skills to compliment problem-solving abilities, to arrive at efficient solutions— all in order to support our collective goal of providing a truly extraordinary global customer experience for our EST/VOD, OTT, and SVOD platforms.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Mastering/Archive/Asset Management related Operations at a Studio or Television related content company, or Post Production facility.
- We are looking for someone with advanced knowledge in the following areas:
- Strong knowledge of episodic mastering, servicing and archival workflows.
- Knowledgeable of Audio/Video containers, codecs, and file formats.
- Working understanding of domestic and localized international versioning (multiple languages, Standards and Practice review and version management).
- You are comfortable working with UDP file transfer accelerators such as, Aspera and Signiant
- You must be collaborative, organized and a team player
- You must work well under pressure and with tight turnaround times.
- You are able to manage multiple expectations in a fast paced environment.
- You have strong presentation skills, ability to deliver impactful presentations at all levels of the organization
- You must have the ability to make decision independently.
- You have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to contribute to and understand the organization’s vision for the future
- You are able to work in a changing and evolving environment
The Asset Operations Specialist will be responsible for executing and oversee the following: Oversee the day to day scheduling, tracking, and verification of domestic and international distribution and preservation archival asset types Work with Post Production, creative teams or 3rd party clients/vendors on QC Analyze reports, troubleshoot issues, obtain any corrections on rejections and manage sign off for finals assets before entering the production/archive pipeline Review and curate asset metadata in alignment with up to date asset taxonomy and standards Maintain system configuration thru governance in alignment with up to data asset taxonomy and standards and Maintain a Data Dictionary for Distribution and Preservation Asset types Support change management related to updates to Asset Specifications Support physical Asset Management and vault services Contribute to preservation and archival requirements to support access and longevity goals for both owned and licensed content Analyze and ingest existing asset collections/backlogs Oversee asset servicing and data IO requests for both file and physical based assets Support the deliverables management process and procedure (Schedules by Rights and Title Type) Assist in the logistics of tracking physical Post Production assets to 3rd party clients/vendors and/or storage vault, note any discrepancies or issues with assets Design and generate reporting / metrics as necessary Demonstrated working knowledge of digital archival principle, collection management, migration and preservation Other responsibilities as assigned by Management
Education & Experience
College degree preferred and 5 to 8 years related industry experience.