Graphics Software Engineer, AR Applications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you ready to explore a new technology and product space with a hardworking and collaborative team? This team is building AR applications using some of Apple's most advanced technologies including the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) support offered in ARKit and Metal. As a member of our creative organization, you will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to craft future products that will delight and inspire millions of people every single day.
- Good programming skills and knowledge of C++, and Objective C or Swift
- Extensive experience with at least one of the graphics APIs (Metal, OpenGL, Direct3D, Console, etc.)
- Experience with Shader Languages (HLSL/GLSL, Metal Shaders) and writing custom shaders
- 3D math skills (linear algebra)
- Understanding of GPU HW pipeline and experience with GPU performance analysis and optimizations
- Ability to work collaboratively with a content creation team to improve visual fidelity and runtime efficiency of 3D assets
- Ability to work with new and existing rendering techniques to create efficient and stunning industry defining visuals
- Extensive experience with application performance profiling and optimization
- Shipped a performant AR or VR applications
Apple creates amazing user experiences with the newest technologies. You will have the opportunity to develop AR applications with state-of-the-art technology to create the best experiences for our products. We work closely with Apple's Human Interface design team to define the next generation of computing. The candidate for this role will be comfortable working in a dynamic and creative environment. Engineers are expected to work quickly and smartly to help determine the viability of ideas and technologies. You will need a keen understanding of 3D applications, the graphics rendering pipeline and an ambition to explore a new world of uncharted possibilities. You will work closely with artists, designers, and engineers to create new application.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience