Wireless Technology Engineering Project Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want to join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! The Hardware Technology group is a growing, high energy, results oriented team. This group seeks an Engineering Project Specialist (EPS) to lead and coordinate activities related to Wireless Technology materials critical to delivering Apple products. We are looking for an inventive, ambitious EPS to assist with BOM's, ECOs and Material Management. You should be a confident organizer who can prioritize issues and track details to handle the risks associated with early manufacturing builds.
- 3+ years of meaningful industry experience.
- Proven experience creating and tracking Purchase Requisitions/Orders (PR/PO) process with internal and external teams.
- Ability to influence, effectively communicate and drive deadlines with vendors (either CM or component vendors).
- Understanding of basic development board design and BOM components (preferably for hardware products and Agile).
- Detail orientation and dedication to accuracy.
- Unparalleled multi-tasking abilities.
- Experience managing, organizing and maintaining large quantities of data.
- Self-starter who can take direction and adapt to changes.
- Quick learner who is able to operate in an ambiguous environment with little direction.
- Ability to react to resets and constant changes in a demanding, time-sensitive environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proficient in MS Excel, including macros (VBA), databases.
- Experience with overseas vendors.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with large, multi-functional teams.
• Create Purchase Requisitions, obtain and track PR approvals & goods receipts (calling out to management when necessary). • Build, manage and process Engineering Change Orders, Engineering Change Requests, and Manufacturer Change Orders. • Support Engineering Program Managers, providing weekly status updates and in some cases crafting, maintaining, and managing task-based schedules. • Coordinate with Global Supply Managers and Corporate Procurement teams to get engineering project objectives accomplished. • Identify areas of improvement or gaps in current processes and develop strategies to promote efficiency and productivity. • Work on multiple projects at a time.
Education & Experience
BS EE/CE degree preferred.