User Experience Design Intern
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Passion is part of our DNA. The people at Apple strive to bring their best to everything they do every day. We innovate down to the details and bring outstanding products and services to the teams we support. Apple's Strategic Data Solutions (SDS) team is seeking a User Experience Design intern, with a focus and interest in research. You will possess a real passion for understanding the world of our users, generating insights and designing solutions that empower them to do their best work. You'll be comfortable working in teams to leverage other designers' strengths while also driving initiatives on your own.
- Proven experience in user-centered design with hands-on experience throughout the process, from user research to developing prototypes and collaborating on implementation.
- Experience in delivering wireframes, UX flows, mockups, interactive prototypes, personas, and use case development is required.
- Ability and passion to understand distinct user groups quickly and distill complex needs into clean, understandable solutions.
- Understanding of information architecture, design patterns, and interaction design.
- Work as a member of our cross-functional team, partnering with users, product owners, business analysts, and development teams to deliver business value.
- Ability to work independently, managing schedules in a dynamic, multi-project environment
- Familiarity and ability to promote appropriate usability testing and user research endeavors.
The SDS team is largely responsible for mitigating fraud, waste, and abuse company-wide while optimizing and empowering our customers and internal partners. With the expansive data we have, our job is to build meaningful data relationships and engagement experiences for our internal customers. This includes merging data science capabilities into the UI in order to ultimately provide an augmented human intelligence experience while thoroughly understanding our users and their flows. If you’re interested in being a part of a team that’s constantly learning and problem-solving, we’d love to talk with you.
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in a degree-granting program and returning to school after the internship. A Bachelors degree in a related field is required - Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- - Programs knowledge: Familiarity with Design and Prototyping software, such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Omnigraffle or equivalent.