Media Archive Specialist
Culver City, California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! We're growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most hardworking creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. The Video Operations group, part of Apple Media Product, is seeking a Media Archive Specialist. This individual will work with the studio production team, handle in-coming video and audio assets from the studio and third-party productions, collaborate with the QC group, and archive all media. All applicants should have a strong understanding of the Mac platform, video formats, and Unix terminal usage. The Video Operations team focuses on crafting the premiere video experience for all content types, with impact throughout the industry, for a worldwide digital audience. Ideal candidates are not only passionate about entertainment, but also care deeply about the customer experience, and can contribute to a diverse organization with expertise in Partner Relations, Video Services, Technical Operations, and Quality Control. Our responsibilities include working with internal partners, ingestion of all video, audio, and ancillary assets, collaborating with developers on integration into our platforms & services, along with supporting localization, accessibility, quality control and more. We are a group of self-starters that thrive in a team oriented environment, utilizing analytical skills to compliment problem-solving abilities, to arrive at efficient solutions— all in order to support our collective goal of providing a truly extraordinary global customer experience for our EST/VOD, OTT, and subscription platforms.
- Minimum of 5-8+ years’ experience in media post production and archiving.
- You know how to work with different audio/video containers, codecs, and file formats
- You are a self-starter and a reliable teammate
- You work well under pressure and with tight turnaround times
- You are adaptive, able to handle multiple expectations in a fast paced, growing environment
- You have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- You create clear documentation and communicate efficiently
- Experience with Apple-specific video delivery is a plus
- You have a working knowledge of Final Cut Pro X and SAN storage
- You are knowledgeable about Aspera and S3 storage
- Proficient using terminal and basic shell scripting
- You know how to use software like Excel, Numbers, Word
Coordinate with production and editorial teams to plan out archive strategy Inspect assets from third party productions Receive and transfer footage, rename appropriately, organize media Help define archive strategy and create guidelines for the product Create TAR archives when projects complete Verify content naming and ensure integrity of the digital archive Other responsibilities as assigned by management Job is a swing shift position and may require weekend work.
Education & Experience
College education preferred, plus 5-8+ years’ experience in related post production work.