Media Delivery Specialist
Culver City, California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! We're growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most hardworking creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. The Video Operations group, part of Apple Media Product, is seeking a Media Delivery Specialist — a utility position for someone who understands video production and post, workflow automation and data analysis. This individual will work with the studio production team, handle in-coming video and audio assets from third-party productions, and collaborate with the internal QC team. They will work with engineering and ops to find ways to improve efficiencies in delivery and archive workflows though automation, scripting/programming, and data crunching. They will also help with maintaining the dev media environment. The Video Operations team focuses on creating the premiere video experience for all content types, with impact throughout the industry, for a worldwide digital audience. Ideal candidates are not only passionate about entertainment, but also care deeply about the customer experience, and can contribute to a diverse organization with expertise in Partner Relations, Video Services, Technical Operations, and Quality Control. Our responsibilities include working with internal partners, ingestion of all video, audio, and ancillary assets, collaborating with developers on integration into our platforms & services, along with supporting localization, accessibility, quality control and more. We are a group of self-starters that thrive in a team oriented environment, utilizing analytical skills to compliment problem-solving abilities, to arrive at efficient solutions— all in order to support our collective goal of providing a truly extraordinary global customer experience for our EST/VOD, OTT, and subscription platforms.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in video post production or media streaming.
- You know how to work with different audio/video containers, codecs, and file formats
- Proficient using terminal and basic shell scripting
- Have experience building media automation workflows
- Ability to program in Swift or Python, a plus
- You have a working knowledge of Final Cut Pro X and SAN storage
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization platforms, a plus
- You are collaborative and a reliable teammate
- You work well under pressure and with tight turnaround times
- You are adaptive, able to lead multiple expectations in a fast paced, growing environment
- You have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to see the big picture
- You have an understanding of the Dolby Vision HDR mastering and distribution
Coordinate with production on video and audio deliveries Inspect assets from third party productions and evaluate metadata Track deliverables and analyze data for trends Collaborate with team members to find efficient workflow improvements Help build media automation workflows Help build dashboards for executives Other responsibilities as assigned by management
Education & Experience
College education preferred, plus 5+ years of related experience.