Interactive Designer, Retail
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s marketing communications group (Marcom) is responsible for developing breakthrough marketing campaigns that incorporate all communications disciplines. As a Designer on Marcom’s Interactive Retail team, you will work in collaboration with other creative and technical disciplines to create considered and elegant customer experiences for Apple.com, the Apple Store App, and other digital platforms. The ideal candidate possesses strong communication skills, an impeccable design aesthetic, an understanding of user experience concepts, style guides, systematic design rationale, and an exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficient in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, hierarchy, proportion, emphasis, and unity
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, creative workplace and deliver quality design at a high volume in a tight timeframe
- Photoshop expertise, including intelligently organizing files for design iteration and web production
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak to both creative and technical audiences
- Ability to create simple prototypes that convey preferred states, motion, and behaviors for interactive concepts
- An understanding of front-end web and mobile development, including HTML, CSS, iOS, and other technologies
- A minimum of 3 years experience design, including web, mobile or app design
Create original designs that align to project goals, creative direction, fluid templates, and Apple standards. Collaborate with Art Directors, Sr Designers, and the larger project team to explore concepts and iterate on design layouts. Prepare for creative reviews by outputting optimized files, preparing printouts and presentation materials. Consult with technical disciplines to ensure designs work within given limitations, and files are prepared with all necessary information to support the design intent. Provide build-ready design files in a timely manner while meeting quality standards. Review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, and typography are flawless.
Education & Experience
Preferred: BA or BFA in Graphic Design (or equivalent).