Diffractive Display Design Engineer
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Do something different! Apple is looking for a world class engineer that can help advance diffractive optics technologies. You will work with both suppliers and internal teams at Apple to craft the display related technologies that go into Apple products. You will not only need to identify new tech, but also educate a broad audience of people at Apple about their benefits and tradeoffs. This position is focusing on the identification, prototyping, and communication of display technologies for future Apple products. The team features a diverse engineering roster including optical engineers, human perception specialists, product design engineers, material scientists, process engineers, and experimental physicists. We work at a fast pace and require everyone to be highly self-motivated. A successful candidate needs to be flexible and be able to tackle outside of their respective technical area. Join us! It’s going to be awesome!
- Engineering background in displays, optics, human perception, or physics
- Prior experience in crafting diffractive optics with wide angular & wavelength bandwidth, prototyping new technologies & building metrology tools to validate key specifications
- Strong presentation, communication, analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Solid background of physical optics, diffractive optics, EM wave theory and modeling, photonics, light source, and metrology technology
- Knowledge of display stack-up and basic optical design
- Understanding on various optical modeling methods as well as modeling SW / high performance computing
- Capable of prototyping, metrology, conducting design of experiments, and analytical data processing
Identify new diffractive optics design for next gen display technologies Work with key supplier to iterate design, account for process limitation, follow through between modeling and as-built performance Scope internal modeling tool development Build compelling prototypes that demonstrate the new technologies Investigate user interaction with the device Effectively communicate the advantages, disadvantage, and risks of the device Shepard the technologies into both external supplier and internal product roadmaps
Education & Experience
M.S. or Ph.D. in Physics, Optical Science/Engineering, EE, Human Perception or equivalent with 5+ years of experience in related field.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in consumer electronics and optics/process development
- Experience managing domestic and international vendors
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. Diffractive Display Design Engineer starts at a minimum annual salary of $91,800. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.