Sensors Hardware Engineer - Health Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Health Technology Team conceives and proves out exciting new technology for Apple’s future products and features. We are seeking a highly motivated engineer to join a cross-functional team to help drive feasibility of health, wellness, and fitness sensors, systems, and applications.
- Relevant industry or academic experience as a mechanical engineer, hardware engineer, electrical/electronics engineer or equivalent.
- - Experience with health/physiological signal sensing, experimental design, data collection and data analysis.
- - Good understanding of non-invasive sensors used to measure biomedical/physiological signals.
- - Thorough understanding of measurement principles, sensing mechanisms, and instrumentation, experience with sensing hardware system design and architecture.
- - Experience with bench top verification test development, design testers and fixtures, drafting protocols and conduct data collection and analysis.
- - Experience with troubleshooting and debugging prototype hardware / software.
- Relevant experience in at least two of the following three areas:
- - Biomedical data analysis, signal processing, machine learning and programming (using e.g., MATLAB, Python, LabView, C).
- - Mechanical parts/system design and manufacturing design,
- - Mechanical/multiphysics simulation using e.g., Comsol, Ansys or Abacus.
- Develop prototype hardware for physiological measurement applications. - Define engineering requirements, incorporate inputs from different engineering teams and deliver the requirements to component vendors. - Design and execute on sensor process, manufacture and validation test. - Work with vendors to develop process steps, SOP, and fixtures for consumer electronics components production. - Perform analysis of data collected, root-cause source of error in measurements; implement improvements in hardware, measurement methods, or signal processing. - Inform development direction related to product design, specification limits, and algorithm performance.
Education & Experience
Degree: Master’s or Ph.D. Field of Study: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Material Science, Engineering Physics, or other related discipline.
- PhD degree in sensor/sensing technology related field is a plus.
- - Must thrive in fast-paced environment.
- - Must be highly organized, and be able to multitask.
- - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- - Demonstrated ability to work as a key member of a team.
- - Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- - Detail oriented.