GNSS Measurement Engine Data Quality Analysis Firmware Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team? Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) space vehicles transmit the power of a lightbulb, they are 13000 miles away, and are moving four kilometers per second. The received signals are commonly one hundred times weaker than cosmic microwave background radiation left over from the Big Bang and arrive next to interfering signals ten billion times stronger, just few MHz away. Our GNSS team is part of Apple's wireless SOC team. We are a vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF, mixed signal analog design, systems engineering, Design Verification, RTL design, firmware and software engineering, Test, and Validation. Our focus is on highly energy efficient and robust GNSS receiver design. We develop GNSS technology that touches hundreds of millions of lives, something we are passionate about. We’d like you to consider being a part of our team. As a GNSS Measurement Engine (ME) Firmware Engineer, you will be a key member of our highly innovative Wireless SoC design team, developing ME firmware for novel ultra-low-power GNSS applications, with focus on ME data quality analysis and ME/PE interface.
- Strong background and in-depth understanding of the GNSS measurement, proficient statistical analysis experience.
- Good knowledge and experience of GNSS ME and PE interface, including GNSS navigation algorithms and AGNSS.
- A minimum of 3 years of software development in C/C++, as well as scripts languages such as MATLAB, Python, or Perl. Good understanding and experience and GNSS baseband processing algorithms is a plus.
- You have strong analytical and interpersonal skills with an ability to thrive in a multi-functional environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal, are important to have.
- Defining Measurement Engine (ME) data quality analysis methodologies and KPIs. - Developing ME data quality analysis tools in C/C++ and/or Python. - Processing and analyzing the ME data quality on a regular basis. - Work closely with GNSS software team to provide system-level API and firmware functionality to meet product requirements. - Apply AGNSS information to ME for GNSS search strategy, receiver management and ME data quality verification and control. - Design and write unit test for the firmware. - Write design specification and system interface documentation. - Work closely with validation team and GNSS software team to resolve any issues arising as part of product testing. - Provide support to SoC design team and assist internal SW/HW integration and initial chip and product bring-up efforts.
Education & Experience
MS in Geomatics, Electrical Engineering, Statistics. or equivalent is preferred.