Senior Manager, Product Marketing - System Experience
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! We believe in the power of combining product management and product marketing together - that the best person to communicate why a product is meaningful to consumers and developers is the same person that helped drive its creation! As a Senior Manager, Product Marketing at Apple, you will to help lead product marketing for the System Experience across iOS, iPadOS, and macOS. In this leadership role, you will demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and communication skills to effectively mobilize cross-functional teams to accomplish a common goal. We are seeking candidates who thrive in dynamic environments and have a natural instinct to collaborate with others. We are looking for a product marketing and product management leader who will play a key role in driving product strategy and roadmap, and crafting products messaging. You will have significant experience working closely with engineering leaders and cross-functional teams to define product strategy, craft positioning, and define marketing activities.
- 10+ years Product Management experience. Experience with consumer software products and technologies for software platforms is strongly preferred
- Requires best-in-class oral and written communication skills, as well as demonstrated success as a product spokesperson on a national or global level
- Experience and ability to synthesize technologies into product communication for broad audience including customers, media, analysts, and leading industry specialists
- Technical track record working closely with engineering/technical teams from an inbound marketing perspective including during early research and development
- Experience with press and media
- A self-starter who is dedicated and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities
- You are skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence; translating between business owners and technical teams
- You are results-oriented, upbeat and focused with a strong passion to learn and succeed
As Senior Manager, Product Marketing you will help define product strategy, positioning and key product messages as well as position the product in relation to other products and the competition. In addition, you will collaborate with a global cross-functional team including engineering, developer relations, public relations and marketing communications through the complete product development cycle. You will also drive features and technologies that span iOS, iPadOS, macOS, thinking critically about how they apply to each platform to best fit the needs of the user. By closely following emerging technology, consumer, and societal trends, you will recommend how products will fit into those emerging trends. This includes collecting global customer, developer, and partner requirements for future product development and developing expert knowledge of competitive and 3rd party products. Evaluate new technologies and make recommendations to pursue in future products, and manage trade-offs involving features, schedule, cost, line positioning, and lifecycle management.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree preferred.