Hardware System Validation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this position, the candidate will be working for the Hardware Validation Engineering (HVE) team on post-Silicon hardware system validation of next generation Mac and iPad systems! Our Engineering Team is responsible for architecting new ways to test new system hardware to catch issues early in the product life cycle for both silicon and system hardware. You will be a key technical contributor and will utilize your in-depth system knowledge to target testing on new silicons or system architecture.
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science with at least 4 years of experience as a System Level Validation engineer.
- ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- - Previous experience in post silicon or system validation testing
- - Strong background in computer architecture and IO protocols (PCIe, USB).
- - Bug management using Jira or other tools
- - Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
- PREFERRED SKILLS:
- - Programming experience in Python and Shell Scripting.
- - Data analysis using tools like Tableau, JMP or Splunk
Reviewing System and platform and silicon architecture and identifying key areas for HW validation Handle bug and issue reviews with the internal and multi-functional teams. Deep understanding of debugging failures from internal and multi-functional teams, across SW/FW and System HW and Silicon teams to arrive at root cause Coordinate experiments from cross functional teams within our organization and reporting and summarizing test results. Analyzing experiment and daily test trends to point out new issues and area to change test coverage.
Education & Experience
The candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science