Computer Vision Algorithm Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
The Video Computer Vision organization is working on exciting technologies for future Apple products. Our focus is on ML based solution around real time image and video. We have contributed to the FaceID and FaceKit project in the past and more recently the new LIDAR iPad sensor. We are looking for the right Engineer to help us take our efforts to the next level. In this role, you will work together with similar minds in a unique development team where your skills and expertise will be put into the Apple products. This role is highly multi-functional and you will work very closely with various highly skilled software development / ML teams developing groundbreaking algorithms.
- Strong academic and publication record.
- Solid programming skills with Python (C/C++ is a plus)
- Deep understand of deep learning algorithms and workflows, in particular working with large scale visual data
- Solid foundation in computer vision.
- Key areas of interest include object detection, tracking and recognition.
- Understand key data that impact machine learning algorithms
- Multiple view geometry, 3D computer vision and SfM/SLAM
- Activity recognition Deep understanding of machine learning technology and experience on turning machine learning technologies into practical, state-of-the-art system
- Passion on cutting edge computer vision/machine learning technologies and product delivery
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
Are you passionate about building AI/ML products with focus on Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) applications? Are you passionate about solving hard problems? Video Computer Vision org at Apple is looking for machine learning researcher to join the team of highly accomplished and deeply technical scientist. You will design and implement new machine learning algorithms while collaborating with the most innovative product development teams at Apple. We provide the right balance between research and product to deliver Apple quality state of the art experiences on various apple devices. You will have the opportunity to touch the life of millions of people through amazing products. Our team researches new machine learning algorithm and techniques and has a track record of shipping some of the most impactful CVML products ever shipped by Apple. Examples include FaceID, Animoji/Memoji, Scene Understanding, People Understanding and Positional Tracking (VIO/SLAM). We want new results-oriented team members to join our research ML group. In this role, we create new models and algorithms, and actively engage with the academic community. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to impactful projects at Apple, and use your machine learning and computer vision skills to transfer your ideas into solutions for some of the most complicated technical problems in the next generation of products that will delight millions of people.
Education & Experience
PhD in computer vision, robotics or machine learning; alternatively a comparable industry career, with significant experience on delivering products using state-of-the-art computer vision, machine learning and robotics technologies