Software Engineer, AR/VR Applications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for a Software Engineer to help us build cutting-edge applications for our next-generation interactive computing platforms. Imagine yourself building fundamental applications on top of Apple’s most advanced technologies, while developing your expertise in Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR). As a core member of our team, you will work closely with organizations across Apple (Human Interface, Frameworks, etc.) to design, architect, and implement apps that will delight, inspire, and empower millions of users.
- Track record of building complex and delightful applications or user-facing systems for Apple platforms (macOS, iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, tvOS).
- Attention to detail and passion for one’s work.
- Proficiency in a systems programming language, such as Objective-C, Swift, C/C++, etc.
- Material experience in one or more of Apple’s application development frameworks (e.g. UIKit, AppKit, SwiftUI, Catalyst).
Apple’s apps define our products; they are the core fulfillment of our user stories. You will have the opportunity to build software that directly impacts how customers use our products. We work closely with Apple's human interface design team and our internal framework teams to to define and develop high-impact applications for Apple’s next-generation computing platforms. The ideal engineer for this role is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative team charged with exploring an uncharted and rapidly changing domain. You will be researching and developing entirely new apps and experiences on top of evolving systems and frameworks; without compromising on quality or attention to detail. You will be exposed to state of the art in interactive 3D applications, get the chance to shape the trajectory of future Apple products, and surface the untapped potential of the AR/VR space for our users.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience
- Familiarity any of the following technologies: ARKit, RealityKit, SceneKit, Metal, or Core Animation.
- Proficiency in macOS, iOS, or Unix development practices.
- Experience in 3D Graphics, Real Time Graphics, or 3D Math.
- Experience building AR/VR apps either professionally or personally.
- Interest or proficiency in UI/UX design.
- An interest and passion for AR/VR Technologies.