mmWave IC Design Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Would you like to part of Apple’s fast-growing mmWave and cellular wireless design team? We are responsible for all aspects of mmWave/cellular silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly integrated and efficient designs and technologies that transform the user experience at the product level! As a millimeter-wave IC design engineer, you will be the owner of providing circuit and system solutions for multi-gigabit wireless chips! We have multiple needs and are open to multiple experience levels.
- We would like you to have experience with mmWave, RF, and analog integrated circuit design with some experience in mmWave CMOS or SiGe circuit design.
- Deep understanding of system specifications and the ability to work with system architects to translate system requirements into circuit requirements at an IC level.
- Familiarity with various RF transceiver architectures and their trade-offs.
- Extensive experience in simulation and design of lumped and distributed passive structures, such CPW lines, coupled lines, inductors, and capacitors.
- Proven experience in analysis, design, and implementation of mmWave low-noise, broadband, and/or high-power amplifiers, as well as mixers and oscillators.
- Understanding of mmWave device modeling; insights into packaging effects, integrated antenna arrays, supply isolations, high-frequency ESD structures, and circuit layout for optimum performance.
- Hands-on experience in high-frequency silicon characterization and debug would be helpful.
As a mmWave Design Engineer at Apple, you will utilize your vast background in circuit design and be responsible for providing mmW design solutions for wireless chips. Responsibilities include: • Collaborate with platform architects, system engineers, and digital design groups to define the requirements for mmWave phased-array front-end and baseband blocks based on the product requirements. • Work with the technology team and foundries on process evaluation/selection for the target device. • Design various transceiver blocks in TX, RX, and LX chains. • Partner with the design, layout, and chip integration teams to integrate the IP’s and verify the top-level functionality and performance. • Work with mmWave test engineers to bring up and characterize chips.
Education & Experience
MSEE is required; PhD would be an advantage.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.