Payroll Compliance Consultant
Austin, Texas, United States
The Compliance Consultant is part of a working team responsible for overseeing payroll compliance as it relates to income and social tax rules, benefit in kind taxation and payroll processing, any payroll audit activities and any other payroll compliance projects. This role will provide the due diligence and guidance as we rollout new countries, new tax jurisdictions and new locations within existing countries. This role will partner closely with our Payroll Operations, HR Employee Relations, Benefits and Legal groups. The ideal candidate will have experience working at a large accounting firm or a multinational company supporting risk assurance with a payroll compliance expertise, a desire to join a tech savvy environment, and a passion for streamlining as we continue to refine our payroll operations and controls. This position is based on site in Austin, Texas.
- 5+ years of experience with relevant global regulatory issues and ability to research and interpret tax codes/regulations
- Ability to manage and collaborate with 3rd party providers
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills and influencing ability
- Ability to work independently but is a great teammate
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High integrity and ethics in handling confidential information
- A high level of independence as demonstrated through clear problem solving skills, effective process evaluation, and delivery of high quality work
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple projects with competing priorities
- Lead and collaborate with cross functional business partners on discussions and initiatives
- Provide insights for improvement and decision making
- Partner with payroll, finance, corporate tax, etc to coordinate audit activities and other payroll requirements
- Payroll experience in a high-volume environment
- Knowledge of payroll and tax compliance
- Intermediate to advanced Excel Skills are preferable
The role of the Compliance Consultant is leading the compliance efforts related to ensuring compliance on reporting including routine review of benefit in kind taxation to audit the taxability treatment and reporting by payroll, manage payroll audits worldwide from start to finish, document the global public holidays annually, and oversee the payroll compliance related to income and social tax rules. You will support and provide technical guidance related to various payroll compliance issues. Due to the dynamic tax law changes, the job would require a strong understanding of the regulatory requirements for payroll and analysis to ensure payroll compliance for Apple. This Consultant will also be responsible for working with the payroll operations to review and update our operating business procedures and controls and the impact in our Sarbanes Oxley program. They will need to understand and articulate compliance requirements to our business partners to configure into the payroll systems. You will work with external advisors and our internal Legal partners on compliance questions and payroll legal issues.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Tax, Accounting, Finance or equivalent. CPA/CPP or working towards certification preferred.