Wireless RF Systems Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this role, you will be at the center of a silicon design group responsible for system and digital architecture, design, and verification of state of the art cellular SoCs. As an RF Systems Architect, you will be responsible to define the control and debug architecture interfacing with the analog and mixed signal IPs and drive their integration and verification into the SoC in order to satisfy the system level requirements.
- 10+ years relevant experience in wireless systems with good system level viewpoint as well as breadth of knowledge of digital, analog, and mixed-signal IPs
- Excellent problem-solving ability. The role requires ramping up into new topics and understanding them fundamentally in order to work with cross-functional teams to get the best KPIs (Performance, Area, Power, Latency), from the architecture
- Good working knowledge of wireless standards such as 5G/LTE/WiFi/Bluetooth and motivation to pick up further knowledge on the same.
- Good understanding of digital design and architecture principles.
- Hands on experience with designing, bringing up, and debugging RF transceivers.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to develop detailed system architecture and design documentation.
- Ability to work well across cross-functional teams including digital, radio, verification, and FW teams.
• Define & document HW architecture for the control and integration of analog and mixed-signal IPs in order to meet the wireless system requirements. Drive the verification plans for the same. • Mapping of system requirements to the HW/FW architecture to ensure development of state-of-the-art design covering all aspects of the system including functionality, performance, power, latency, and debuggability. • Collaborate with SoC, PHY, Analog and SW teams to ensure architecture meets the end-to-end system requirements. • Drive pre- and post-silicon bring up of state-of-the-art physical/cross-layer wireless communication chips.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. with 10+ Years’ Experience