Cellular System Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this role, you will be at the center of a silicon design group responsible for designing and productizing state of the art cellular SoCs. As a cellular system engineer, you will be responsible for architecture, simulation, bringup, and validation of end-to-end cellular systems.
- Experience in design and bringup of wireless communication systems with experience in cellular systems preferred.
- Good understanding of communication theory and signal processing, AGC, beamforming, Tx power control, mitigation of radio impairments, calibration algorithms
- Strong technical background in 5G-NR/LTE/UMTS (3G/2G) physical layer and protocols is a plus
- Experience with silicon prototyping, emulation systems, and virtual platforms a plus
- Hands on experience in bring up of real silicon in lab, ability to efficiently use lab equipment (such as spectrum analyzer, signal generator, power meter, etc).
- Good experience with Matlab, Python, and/ C/C++ and efficient analysis and automation scripting
- Strong working knowledge of multiple 4G/5G signaling and physical layer test equipment (Keysight/Anritsu/R&S) along with their automation interfaces is a plus
• Understanding and mapping of systems algorithms and requirements to HW/FW architecture • Simulation based validation of the control flows and algorithms • Implement fixed-point models and perform detailed performance investigation to allow performance sign-off and enable RTL bit-exact development • Pre-silicon prototyping and emulation based bringup and validation of the cellular system • Bringup of the cellular end-to-end system including characterization and optimization of performance in the lab
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. with 5+ Years’ Experience