Audio Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do at Apple! Everyday, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you bring passion and dedication to your job? If so, we are looking for individuals like you. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of audio, video and graphics support in Apple’s innovative products, including the AirPods, HomePod, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, IMG’s Audio team provides the audio foundation for various high profile features like Game Audio, Siri, FaceTime, media capture, playback and API’s for third party developers to enrich our platforms. The team is looking for talented engineers who are passionate about building audio features and products for millions of customers and care about overall user experience. You will revolutionize the audio experience for game and future audio technologies.
- Deep technical understanding of audio compression formats like MPEG audio and other industry standards
- Experience working with Audio and general Media APIs
- Understanding of the software development and testing process
- Working knowledge of C/C++, high performance numerical libraries and vector optimizations
- Proactive learning and a desire for learning new technologies
- 5+ years of software development/testing experience
The CoreAudio team is looking for a bright and talented software engineer to work on Audio and Speech Codec development. This position is part of a highly motivated team that develops state-of-art audio compression technologies that include all levels of experience. You'll need to be a self-starter with excellent communication skills and attention to detail. You'll need to work collaboratively with the team, but also work optimally on their own. We are seeking someone who is passionate about audio and is interested in improving the quality of audio experience for our customers.
Education & Experience
MS in computer science or engineering (or equivalent experience)