Cellular Systems Integration and Test Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? As part of our extraordinary modem team, you’ll craft leading-edge embedded firmware that deliver more performance in our products than ever before. You’ll work across subject areas to transform improved hardware elements into a single, coordinated design. Join us, and help us innovate new wireless systems technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what wireless systems can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. In this role, you'll be at the center of a silicon design group responsible for crafting and productizing state of the art cellular SoCs! As the cellular systems integration and test lead, you will be responsible for the bringup and validation of the cellular system performance and protocols. This is a chance to use your creativity into developing unrivaled products!
- Strong technical background in 5G-NR/LTE/UMTS (3G/2G) physical layer and protocols
- Experience in owning the bringup and validation of cellular system performance and protocols including baseband and RF algorithms
- Experience with test case planning, design, and development for the 4G/5G physical layer
- Strong leadership experience advising a team in the cellular modem space
- Strong understanding of automation tools and scripting languages such as Python
- Deep understanding of multiple 4G/5G signaling and physical layer test equipment (Keysight/Anritsu/R&S) along with their automation interfaces
- Learn new architecture and frameworks
- Previous experience with network emulators
- Experience with silicon prototyping, emulation systems, and virtual platforms is a plus
As a Cellular Systems Integration and Test Lead, you will manage a team of system bringup, integration, and protocol test engineers in developing and executing plans for SoCs with a focus on HW and system level validation. Design and develop validation frameworks for the cellular system protocols. Enable and work closely with SW engineers to validate end to end performance of the modem including protocol tests. Work with Hardware/Firmware teams to perform validation of new and existing features.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. with 10+ Years’ Experience