Software Development Engineer - Mobile Diagnostics
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple has a strong dedication to its customers, and when customers need help with their Apple products, we strive to provide the most comprehensive information we can about the health of their devices. The Mobile Diagnostics Engineering team is responsible for the development of diagnostic tools that are deployed to Geniuses and field service technicians globally. You will help to craft how technicians and customers provide and receive support, advancing Apple's extraordinary support even further with tools crucial for helping customers and advising repair solutions. We are looking for a creative software engineer to work on a wide range of products and technologies. You will be crafting and developing mobile diagnostics that are deployed with major iOS releases. The scope of work covers the entire iOS mobile device line up, including iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, HomePod, AirPod, iPod, Beats, and other accessories. This is an ideal role for a software developer who enjoys the challenge of crafting high-quality diagnostic apps that benefit everyone who needs support with their Apple devices.
- 3+ years experience designing, implementing, testing, shipping, and maintaining software
- Proven object-oriented design and programming experience — preferably in Objective-C, Swift, C/C++, or Java
- Good grasp of multi-threaded programming concepts
- Familiar with the software development life cycle and tools
- Thrives in a multi-functional and diverse team environment that works collaboratively on innovative, large-scale, and fun projects
- Passionate for the customer and for providing quality software and experiences to them
- Tackle tough problems creatively and collaboratively, and thrive on details
As an engineer on our team, you will be responsible for implementing new features and maintaining many different subsystems supporting diagnostics that ship in the operating system for iOS, watchOS, and tvOS. You will work on the production of iOS diagnostic solutions for mobile devices. Responsibilities include programming, testing and integration of iOS diagnostic tools. We work closely with a variety of hardware and software technology teams across Apple on all new products prior to their launch. You will contribute to the development process, the software design, and implementation.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- - A track record building iOS and/or Mac OS apps is a bonus
- - Low level and/or firmware coding background is a plus