Cloud (GCP) Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
This position can be located in Santa Clara Valley (CA) or Austin (TX). We are establishing a centralized team to enable 3rd party cloud access and adoption. You will partner with developers, system and site reliability engineers and adopters to understand their challenges, work through their issues and provide solutions that can be adopted widely. The ideal candidate is someone with a proven track record, sound technical knowledge and skills in delivering large scale complex software solutions deployed on Google Cloud Platform. Apple is seeking an extraordinary Software Engineer to focus on building a secure, continuous delivery platform. Our team is responsible for developing tools to manage and mitigate risks faced by Apple when deploying complex, mission critical applications. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires a wide and deep experience in managing infrastructure and applications across data centers and cloud services. The successful candidate will design and implement new approaches and tools for continuous delivery within Apple Cloud Technologies. This position requires practical knowledge of automation, software engineering, operations, security concepts, and technologies. Understanding the security challenges of the platform will be the key focus for this role. Given that the security space is constantly evolving, drive to apply and learn new technologies will be another key asset. Building and maintaining relationships with diverse sets of customers that use the platform will be equally critical to ensure the business units are successful. You will be joining a team of highly-skilled, enthusiastic and passionate engineers working on this leading edge and constantly changing space.
- 6+ years of equivalent, hands-on technology experience in large enterprise environments
- Able to research, architect and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Python/Java/Ruby/Perl/Go for automation or integration with multiple APIs (REST, etc)
- Experience with CI/CD tools and techniques
- Experience operating and developing infrastructure and services in Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with containerization
- Experience with common formats such as JSON and compression utilities
- Experience with application and service monitoring tools and techniques
- Working knowledge of network protocols and Linux/Unix system internals and transport protocols (TCP, TLS, HTTP, UDP)
- Solid understanding of centralized configuration management and provisioning technologies, such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience implementing and working with open source projects
- Strong project management skills, including excellent presentation development
- Expert in writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Excellent communications skills, capable of working with cross functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management, in a professional manner
Be part of an engineering team scaling the core cloud platform for thousands of applications in a secure manner, focusing on automation of operations and high availability. You will be a proactive hands-on engineer automating operations, improve platform features and observability and strategist in key design and architecture initiatives with a broad knowledge in cloud and operational excellence. Responsibilities include * Create, manage and integrate software to automate and secure public cloud environments * Research, proof and develop best-of-breed technologies for cloud security related purposes * Develop solutions that can support large capacity and scale reliably, in a 24/7 environment * Understand and research new and emerging security attack vectors to properly implement security solutions to reduce security risks * Collaborate with the Information Security operational teams to support monitoring capabilities
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science or Masters of Science in Computer Science