Xcode Platform Tools Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Significant experience building interactive applications
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and leading client-service integration projects
- Passion for software maintainability, organization, testability, and readability
- Established history of leadership and self-direction
- Passionate about details and comfortable with complex, multi-faceted problem spaces
- Demonstrated ability for creative and critical thinking
- Highly developed problem-solving skills, and flexibility and patience when handling curveballs
The Xcode team is seeking a creative and highly motivated engineer to help design and build next generation developer analytics and service integration features. We provide industry-leading tools to develop software for Apple’s innovative iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS platforms, and as a member of our team you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to apply personal experience to enhance and augment the tools millions of developers use every day. In this role, you will design and build Xcode’s integration with the App Store, TestFlight, and other Apple services. In pursuit of a seamless developer experience, you will be responsible for helping to shape service architectures and APIs, building robust client implementations, and delivering rich user interfaces. Ideal candidates will have a strong passion for software development, testing and automation, a thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals, and an appetite to learn the specifics of our domain and tools.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- • Experience with application development on Apple platforms
- • Experience authoring developer-facing software, either tools or libraries
- • Experience with designing and developing client-service architectures and APIs
- • Comfortable with large and established codebases, including complex debugging scenarios
- • Object-oriented design and programming skills
- • Objective-C and Swift development experience
- • Strong development environment experience (Xcode, Visual Studio, Eclipse)
- • If possible, we’d love to see an example of your relevant work, such as a personal project or open source contribution.
- • If you believe you have transferable skills, not listed on this posting, that would make you a good candidate please feel free to share that information via a Cover Letter.