Senior iOS Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. We are, in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers! As a Senior iOS Engineer, you will own iOS projects from concept through fruition. You will also contribute to Web projects by building backend APIs and architecting databases. You will collaborate with the rest of the Apps Team to align on technological best practices. You will work closely with a wide variety of internal partners to understand their business needs, and to help find ways to optimize efficiency and effectiveness across the US Sales team. This is an exciting role with many opportunities to impact each business segment across US Sales in different ways.
- Extensive expertise with Swift, iOS, iPadOS fundamentals and frameworks
- 5+ years of professional software development and 3+ years building native iOS apps
- Strong grasp of Apple development tools
- Proven track record delivering world class, iOS production grade software
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies independently
- Strong communication skills, capable of owning end-to-end relationships with customers at all levels
- Collaborative teammate who can work effectively with other engineers across various teams
The Apps Team uses technology to help teams across all of US Sales become more efficient and effective. No two opportunities are the same, so we are looking for creative problem solvers to help us dream up solutions that are quick to build, easy to maintain, scalable to accommodate large teams, and as future-proof as possible. RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: - Owning relationships with stakeholders, including understanding areas of opportunity, presenting alternatives, showing works in progress, maintaining apps built for them, and answering their questions - Architecting, building, testing, and deploying apps across iPhone, iPad, and ideally Mac and Watch - Designing and crafting database architecture that is scalable and future-proof - Building APIs from scratch for use in your iOS apps, or by other engineers - Maintaining existing iOS apps - Driving implementation and adoption of pilot projects utilizing technologies like Machine Learning, Augmented Reality, and more.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Ideal candidates will also be proficient in other areas, including the following:
- - Swift UI
- - macOS and watchOS fundamentals and frameworks
- - Web technologies like Node.js / React / Angular
- - Database architecture and technologies like MySQL / Mongo
- - AWS products, especially RDS, EC2, S3