iPhone Hardware System Engineer - System Technologies - PI EMI
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The iPhone HW Group is seeking an enthusiastic electrical engineer for the System Technologies Team. The ideal candidate will work with HW multi-functional teams to perform in-depth design modeling, simulation, and validation of power delivery networks and electro-magnetic effects in iPhone systems.
- Must have strong EE fundamentals and problem solving ability
- Strong experience and knowledge in power integrity, power delivery network design and analysis for PCB, PMIC, and SOC subsystems
- Strong fundamentals in electromagnetics, analog circuits, and RF/MW theory & Technology
- Experience and knowledge in EM modeling, EMI interferences, and desense
- Demonstrated engineering passion, initiative, innovation, and creativity
- Hands-on experience in hardware board-level testing and measurements, lab equipment, hardware debugging, and with software debugging tools
- Tools: Circuit Simulators (Spice/Spectre), Ansoft/CST, Cadence/Sigrity, scripting languages (Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Shell, etc.) VNA, HS Scopes.
You have experience with modeling, simulation, and characterization of system power delivery network and analog circuits that include PCB, PMU, SOC, and SubSystems. Perform 2D/3D EM field modeling and simulation for system noises coupling and interferences between functional blocks, in both time-domain and frequency domain. Simulation and analysis of system level analog circuits, desense, co-existence, and interferences. Perform design feasibility study, design testing and verification, and system bring up. Provide design guideline and feedbacks to X-functional design teams. Support board layout and product bring up, debug, and validation.
Education & Experience
- Be willing to travel to work in factory build environments.