iPhone Hardware Validation Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you want to help create the next iPhone? We’re looking for someone who has a real passion for shipping high-volume and exceptional products. As an iPhone Hardware Validation Project Manager (VPM), you will be a leader who is responsible for planning, tracking, and completing electrical validation from first prototype through launch. Using interpersonal skills and technical knowledge, you will operate seamlessly with the iPhone System Integration Team to deliver the highest quality results. You are someone with strong electrical engineering fundamentals, passionate about planning, and able to work expertly with multiple engineering teams to close a list of critical tasks. In this role, you will have the opportunity to tactfully identify, call out, and mitigate project risks, all while keeping the critical path to complete each validation cycle top of mind.
- Strong electrical/system engineering fundamentals, preferably with experience working on portable consumer electronics.
- Experience with I2C, SPI, MIPI, or similar interfaces is a plus, as is experience with DC-DC power electronics.
- Proven interest in project management and leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire for a fast-paced environment; calm under pressure.
- Systems thinker: experience in developing systems, such as working on PCB design/test or system integration.
- Mandarin language skills are a plus.
On the VPM Team, we love the impact we make on the products that reach our customers. Some of the things we do are: Communicate the big picture to the project team and to management. Define test plans and drive demanding validation schedules. Build relationships with multi-functional development teams in the US and Asia in order to integrate their work into the project. Work with Hardware Leads to prioritize project tasks and to identify and mitigate technical risks. Schedule, organize, and host efficient meetings based on key project needs. Invent and implement creative validation process improvements.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree in Engineering, EE/CE degree preferred
- Position will require some international travel.