iPhone Data Analysis Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s iPhone Hardware Engineering organization is looking for a highly motivated engineer with a real passion in both hardware and software. As a member of the iPhone modeling and algorithm team, you will work on system-level modeling of iOS devices and create cutting-edge simulation platform to guide the mission-critical design decisions including quantifying the tradeoffs between HW, SW or a hybrid approach. You will have the opportunity to influence the architectural roadmaps and high-level system specifications for the future iOS devices. This is an extraordinary cross-disciplinary opportunity and it requires intensive team collaboration effort coupled with solid system-engineering background.
- Must have solid understanding on embedded system architecture. Deep knowledge in key system-engineering architectural and implementation tradeoffs.
- Have significant experience in data analysis, visualization and data mining.
- Strong software skills (Matlab, C/C++, Perl/Python).
- Experience in designing auto data validation/analysis tools or regression platform
- Familiarity with battery technology, logic design or circuit design is a plus
- System modeling or EDA experience is a plus.
- Power measurement and sensing experience is a plus
- Excellent communication, persuasion and negotiation skills
We are looking for an engineer capable of handling challenges from “cradle to grave”. We love self-motivated teammates who are committed to continually innovate. Bring your passion and dedication and you will discover excitement and endless possibilities in the process of building our next-gen products in Apple. In this role, you will be responsible for: - Support automated power data collection infrastructure for latest iPhone. - Create visualization tool for x-functional team to digest the power performance data - Perform data mining and data analysis across gigantic amount of data generated by multiple generation of iPhones - Analyze the field data and provide the guidance to the x-function teams for feature improvements - Use case power analysis - Drive the future power-saving algorithms/techniques
Education & Experience
Preferred MS/PhD in CS/EE/CE/Mathematics with minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Position will require some international travel.