Retail Network Engineer - Global Infrastructure Operations
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. The successful candidate will be responsible for Network Operations and Deployments within Apple’s Retail stores. He or she will need to demonstrate skills in cross organizational collaborations to operate and maintain the network infrastructure. They will need to develop and maintain clear documentation and procedures associated with operations and known issues. This position provides the opportunity to operate a world-wide, multivendor network.
- Working experience in IPv4,IPv6, TCP, OSPF and BGP.
- Solid grasp of large scale LAN and WAN networking technologies.
- Hands-on experience with Juniper SRX firewalls and Cisco wireless controllers required.
- Proficiency in either Linux, or other variations of UNIX.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, including proven abilities to adapt to dynamic project environments, while able to balance multiple concurrent projects.
- Expertise in automation languages such as Python or Go preferred.
- Experience working in large scale environments.
- Flexibility to work in Shifts.
- Professional and Expert level Wireless and Firewall Certifications preferred.
- Experience with centralized configuration management and automation technologies such as Ansible, Salt, Chef or Puppet is a plus.
- 1 to 4 years of Network Operations experience is ideal.
This position will provide operations and Deployment support to Apple’s Retail network to address a wide variety of business challenges. The candidate will need to excel in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with the ability to multi-task and provide operational support to various businesses within Apple. This position requires a collaborative team player, who will work in multi-functional groups and have the ability and willingness to work with others across the globe. The engineer’s responsibilities also include working on tickets, break fixes, maintaining and upgrading of existing networks to current standards, sustaining operations as well as contributing to technical and procedural documentations. The engineer will need to obsess over minute details and to drive operational excellence in every aspect of their work to deliver the best customer experience possible. In addition to the required technical networking skills, this position also demand strong inter-personal skills and an individual who enjoy the dynamic nature of Apple’s environment.
Education & Experience
BS degree or equivalent experience