Continuous Integration Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you bring passion and dedication to your job? If so, we are looking for individuals like you. The Automation and Systems team is seeking a self-motivated Software Engineer to ensure a stellar Media Experience across the Apple Ecosystem. This team is a part of the Interactive Media Group (IMG) that provides the media and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products including iPhone, iPad, Mac, tv, HomePod and the AirPod/Beats line of Products. We are seeking a creative, organized, and inquisitive Continuous Integration Software Engineer to build the next generation of internal testing solutions. As a member of this team, you will work with some of Apple’s most advanced technology and be responsible for developing tests and test infrastructure to ensure that we continue to surprise, delight, and empower Apple’s millions of customers.
- Strong in a modern scripting language (Python)
- Experience with software development processes such as building, unit testing, code analysis, release process, and code coverage
- Experience managing and tracking build and test pipelines to provide daily quality snapshots
- Deep understanding of QA methodologies and practices including triaging, debugging, and testing
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
As a member of the team, you’ll be contributing to our test libraries and scenario development. You’ll develop and maintain tools to help the engineering teams improve productivity, and improve on our existing Continuous Integration pipeline. You’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve the integration and release process while also documenting the processes along the way. In addition, you’ll act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process, using critical thinking skills to identify gaps or inefficiencies, and suggest improvements.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the following would be a plus, but not required:
- Experience with an embedded language (Swift, C/C++, etc.)
- Media systems (Audio/Video playback and/or production)
- iOS, tvOS, watchOS and/or macOS platform experience
- Xcode and its testing technologies such as XCTest and XCUITest