Automation and Systems Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you bring passion and dedication to your job? If so, we are looking for individuals like you. The Automation and Systems team is seeking a self-motivated Software Engineer to ensure a stellar Media Experience across the Apple Ecosystem. This team is a part of the Interactive Media Group (IMG) that provides the media and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products including iPhone, iPad, Mac, tv, HomePod and the AirPod/Beats line of Products. We are seeking a creative, organized, and inquisitive Engineer to help build the next generation of internal tools. As a member of this team, you will work with some of Apple’s most advanced technology and be responsible for the platform and the tools that play a meaningful role in developing high quality software ensuring that we continue to surprise, delight, and empower Apple’s millions of customers.
- Strong in a modern scripting or compiled language (Python, Swift, C/C++, etc.)
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes
- Excited to build internal tools for engineers
- Experience working on Unix/Linux based platforms
- Appreciate automation and tooling and believe that they play a critical role in software development
- A willingness to take ownership of projects and drive them to completion
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
As a member of the team, you’ll need to ensure that the infrastructure and tooling to deliver high quality code as efficiently as possible is up and available at all times. You’ll make use of existing frameworks and tools, customizing and building from scratch where necessary. In addition, act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process for software engineering, identifying gaps or inefficiencies and suggesting improvements.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the following would be a plus, but not required:
- Media systems (Audio/Video playback and/or production)
- Docker and/or Kubernetes
- iOS and/or macOS platform experience
- Xcode and its testing technologies such as XCTest and XCUITest