Apple Media Products Engineering - Knowledge Graph
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
- You should bring 5+ years of hands-on professional software development experience.
- Outstanding development skills in Scala and ML algorithms.
- Experience working with Spark, and data streaming solutions (e.g. Kafka).
- Strong algorithm skills in record mapping/linkage, data imputation, and data clustering.
- Understanding of storage solutions and when to use them (e.g. Graph Database, Cassandra, Solr, Relational database etc.).
- Understanding of various encoding formats and their applicability for data at rest and across the wire (e.g. avro, xml, json, parquet, etc).
- You'll enjoy working on Knowledge Graphs and diving into the problems those have not been solved before.
- Experience in music information retrieval would be great!
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Our exciting and growing team is looking for a self starting, ambitious individual who is not afraid to question assumptions. You will have excellent written and oral skills. You will have the ability to effectively work and communicate technical concepts with all levels of an organization including corporate CTOs, CIOs and Developers. As a key and significant member of the exciting Knowledge Graph team, you’ll dive into a great number of multifaceted projects that directly support features over multiple products at Apple. We feel this is a phenomenal opportunity to work on a variety of products! You’ll be partnering with hardworking engineers in a diverse geo-distributed team. Our team will craft and build multi-datacenter distributed systems. Your projects will revolve around crafting systems to look at discrete datasets and bringing those together to build enriched canonical versions of the knowledge graph at Apple’s scale. This will involve data heavy lifting with deep algorithms around data mapping, linkage, imputation and clustering.
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent work experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.