Apple Cloud-Sr. Software Engineer / ML Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what we could accomplish. We’re looking for hardworking data scientists, machine learning engineers, and strong engineers (all levels of seniority)who are passionate about building products and initiatives from the ground up. Our organization, called Apple Cloud Machine Learning, has the charter of driving data efforts across the Apple Cloud Services organization.
- You've earned ONE of the following three
- 1. PhD in Machine Learning, Statistics, Economics, Optimization or related field with experience building production systems or have equivalent experience working with large data science / machine learning projects in industry.
- 2. MS in CS with 4+ years of experience in working with large data projects,
- 3. BS in CS with 6+ years of experience in the industry with at least 3 years in data science / machine learning.
- YOU WILL ALSO HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Proven track record delivering production software.
- Deep fluency in Java, C++, or another production language.
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, MPI, or other distributed frameworks
- Proven mathematical knowledge; understanding of machine learning, statistics.
- Strong data-driven thinking.
- Recent experience with building models such as Forecasting growth, Predicting churn, Customer clustering and detecting anomaly.
- Experience in data engineering in Big Data systems.
- Expertise in crafting Data Models for high performance and scalability
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop or other distributed frameworks
- Experience in high-level programming language for analysis (e.g Python, R, Scala)
- Additional Success Factors:
- Understanding Subscription based business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self motivated, independent and proactive
- Ability to work with multi-functional teams, set priorities and lead multiple projects simultaneously with critical timelines.
Are you in love with data? Do you loose sleep pondering about the algorithm that accurately predicted your recommendation? If so, we'd love to hear from you! - Invent, design and implement new algorithms using machine learning and data science systems. - Produce high quality code with excellent reliability and scalability. - Explore novel architectural solutions and communicate ideas clearly. - Collaborate in diverse multi-functional teams to prototype new concepts and deliver end-to-end systems. - Technical leadership is greatly valued. In this role, you’ll implement novel machine learning algorithms, drive data science analysis for decision-making, and build efforts through production at massive scale. These systems will help us understand and improve Apple’s user experience, and will become a significant part of our strategic focus optimizing user experience and engagement with personal accounts and services. You’ll work in a small and dynamic team, building new functionality and collaborating across groups. You’ll also participate in crafting systems, algorithm, and optimization efforts to ship product with impact. This position requires a broad set of Machine Learning skills, and additional software engineering skills is a plus. There’s a focus on bringing ML techniques to scale to exabytes of data. You are an ideal candidate for this role if you have built and deployed ML algorithms, optimization efforts, and/or data science driven systems at massive scale. You should have experience working with massive datasets and shipping production scale systems. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science with 6+ years experience M.S. in Computer Science with 4+ years experience Ph.D. in CS, industry experience a huge plus