Dev Engineering Project Manager, People Analytics
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you have a passion to help others succeed? Do you genuinely believe that talent is the greatest asset of any company? As a member of Apple’s People group, you’ll help discover and develop our most important resource: our people. Together, we’ll search the world to build our collective of perfectionists, visionaries, and inventors. All the while, your efforts will maintain Apple as the most innovative company by striving to make us the most diverse — open to all people, all backgrounds, and all perspectives. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. In this role, you will partner with engineering teams in People Analytics, Business Process Re-engineering (BPR), People Data Team and IS&T to build integrations and standardization across analytics platform. You will also be directly responsible for building out the Workday analytics platform and portfolio using Workday and Prism technologies. This position requires technical expertise with experience working on multiple projects at the same time and collaborate with various multi-functional teams, data analysts, management and other Apple QA teams.
- Minimum of 4+ years proficiently in Workday HCM report writing/calc fields (includes creating dashboards in Workday) required
- 5+ years of SQL, SAS or R experience required
- Experience being hands on with an Analytics Platform and Engineering experience blending large datasets to build analytics dashboards and insights
- Data Modeling knowledge required
- Deep knowledge of Workday and Prism data sources and complex calculated fields
- Functional knowledge on Workday modules such as Core HR, Compensation, Talent Management
- Ability to understand the business requirements, user needs and translate them into operational requirements with an eye for design and user experience
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy with highly confidential data
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and experience in influencing and driving adoption in your workplace while being mindful of technology and business processes
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, test methodologies and tools and, passion for quality processes as applicable to data and reporting
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel (creating graphics, charts)
- Experience in project management methodologies - developing project plans and managing complex, multi-functional projects
- Self-motivated with a focus on getting results and solid sense of accountability
- Demonstrated experience in analytical thinking and problem-solving
- Superior collaboration, communication, and organizational skills
- Flexible, self-motivated, curious
This role is high impact for Apple and drives the employee experience of all People Managers in Apple by enabling the People related analytics from compensation to Inclusion and Diversity. Manages the development and implementation process of Workday and Prism solutions. Coordinates departmental or multi-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgrading existing analytics platform, reporting and dashboards. Monitors the project from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/spending. We are looking for a technical analytics professional with development experience who has evolved or wants to grow in the Project Management area. Workday Development Lead: - Provide technical guidance on the Workday-Prism product development, integrations and data model. - Develop Reports and Dashboards in Workday with deep expertise in Workday and Prism data sources. - Design, develop, configure, and test simple to complex Workday reports (advanced, matrix, composite, BIRT) utilizing Workday Report Writer and Report Designer, as well as other organizational tools and available technologies. - Build and manage data models by blending multiple data sources in Workday and Prism. - Evaluate evolving Workday and Prism reporting functionality, remaining cognizant of complex system inter-dependencies and associated business process implications. - Work with technology/security teams to define and create calc fields, security policies and other Workday objects to support the evolving reporting needs of the organization. - Implement proof of concepts to confirm feasibility of requirements. - Perform regression testing and make recommendations for future enhancements/functionality. - Lead efforts to analyze and optimize report and dashboard performance. - Maintain awareness and drive implementation of industry trends, upgrades/releases and standard methodologies in Workday reporting. Project/Product Management: - Work with partner's to understand report/data requirements and ensure results meet the business needs. - Manage and lead development efforts by tracking ongoing activities in addition to presenting regular project updates to key partners and leadership. - Build a solid understanding of the product strategy and technology guiding the team’s work, applying your knowledge to help facilitate discussion and decisions regarding priorities, scope, risks, and tradeoffs. - Build management system for engineering development operations for Workday and Prism. - Maintain accurate documentation to satisfy internal/external audit controls. - Serve as an escalation point for reporting inquires/issues in a timely manner.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or related area.