Golang Developer - Infrastructure Systems Engineering
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Apple’s IS&T Backup and recovery environment is a fast-paced environment that supports the protection and backup of tens of thousands of various OS impressions and hundreds of petabytes of storage. In conjunction with several vendor-supported products, we are looking to deploy tooling to manage and provision backups as a service for our internal customers. If you are looking to use your data protection background to improve the way data is protected, we should talk.
- 5 years in a Storage / Backup & Recovery role
- Strong knowledge of Unix / Linux / Backup fundamentals
- Experience with common development tools, repositories and CI/CD practices
- Engineering-to-Architectural level experience with the following: TSM / Spectrum Protect, NetBackup, NetWorker, Avamar, DataDomain appliances using NAS and DDboost ingest points
- Fundamental understanding of leveraging Object Storage as a backup endpoint
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python, Perl, Shell scripting (ksh preferred)
- Dedication to quality deliverables
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Do you like solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment? Do you have the ability to see around corners and anticipate the needs of critical business customers? Do you want to use your knowledge and experience in data protection to take service offerings to the next level? If so, this may be the role for you. As a Backup & Recovery Solutions Expert for the IS&T Backup & Recovery team, you will be working directly with internal business customers to streamline, solidify and validate data protection technologies and services. In addition you will be continuously evaluating new products, services and technologies while helping support the day-to-day engineering tasks associated with the existing environment.
Education & Experience
CS or equivalent experience plus 5 years of work in a large Storage / Backup & Recovery environment.
- On-call / Off-hours work required
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.