Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. Are you excited by the idea of making a real impact? Are you prepared to dream big? Then a career with Apple might be your dream job! The Apple Product Operations team is currently seeking to appoint a dynamic and motivated Industrial Engineer to work in the EMEIA Manufacturing Engineering team. We are responsible for providing & coordinating manufacturing support, quality improvements, process improvements and cost reductions to all activities performed by Cork, EMEA & Distribution Centre operations. We work with other functions including Production, Test, Quality, Design engineering, US & Vendors to provide accurate and timely solutions. You will work closely with our DC ( Distribution Centre ) partners and implement tactical day-to-day functions of the operation in the execution of critical production processes and metrics. You will have the ability to work individually in a highly pressurised, multi-functional team. This role will be based in our Cork EMEIA headquarters with travel to regional Distribution Centres.
- 5+ years relevant experience in an Industrial engineering role.
- Experience working in a high volume / complex industrial engineering environment.
- Relevant IE experience specifically in the area of Lean Manufacturing.
- Should be flexible and capable of working on own initiative with a professional attitude.
- Proven ability to work with Partners to deliver key results would be an advantage.
- Ability to consistently identify, initiate and drive continuous improvement projects.
- Strong ability to prioritise work and proven ability to deliver Results.
- Should be very comfortable with Lean principles including 5S, WCM, Standard Work and TPM.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Responsible for identifying and delivering efficiency improvements in our key processes. - Developing roadmaps of process improvements that support our key metrics. - Working with stakeholders to prioritise roadmap activities to ensure we are always focused on the highest priority for the Business. - Provide support and leadership in achieving World Class Manufacturing, Safety, Quality, Customer Service, and Cost standards through continuous process improvement activities. - Drive cycle time improvement, line balancing, line design, yield improvement and waste elimination. - Tracking initiatives through to completion and publishing improvement to key metrics based on those initiatives.
Education & Experience
- B.Eng (Hons) / M.Eng in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.