Engineering Program Manager - Optical Coating
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a world-class Engineering Program Manager (EPM) to support optical coating activities related to display panel, camera & sensor components. EPMs must be fearless organizers and excellent leaders cross-functionally with multiple teams throughout Apple as well as with external suppliers. A successful candidate will help set strategy, execute on schedule and be responsible for managing/communicating status and issues along the way. This position demands technical strengths in many areas, including optical, mechanical, electrical, and manufacturing. You will be working with some of the smartest and most talented people in the field, and will be contributing to exciting new products that will touch lives of millions and enrich your career with invaluable experience.
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Ability to travel internationally
- Must be high energy, multi-tasker, resourceful problem solver, ability to work under pressure, able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Technical background in thin film coating including EB Evaporation, PVD Sputtering, CVD and wet processes.
- A basic understanding in optics and optical systems including display, camera and optical sensors
- Experience in consumer/portable products
- Experience working with off shore suppliers and manufacturers
- A working understanding of high volume manufacturing processes
Define project plans and schedules. Drive project execution. Lead internal and external cross-functional teams in engineering and validation activities Ensure tight inter-team coordination and communication Strong presentation and communication skills required Understand and communicate complex, technical/engineering issues Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently Manage development budgets and engineering builds
Education & Experience
Graduate degree in related engineering disciplines, e.g. Physics/Chemistry, Optics, EE, ME, Material Science & Engineering.
- - 5+ years of display or relevant industry experience
- - Strong presentation and communication skills required.
- - Understand and communicate complex, technical/Engineering issues.
- - Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- - 3+ years of experience in flat panel display (LCD/OLED) or thin film (Semiconductor/Solar) design and/or process development and/or process integration in high volume manufacturing environment