Environmental, Health & Safety Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team at Apple is growing and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our partners in their mission to develop amazing products. Apple is looking for an experienced Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Professional to join the Global Labs and Technology Centers EHS team. This role supports a fast paced environment and assists in the development, implementation and management of Apple’s EHS programs.
- 5 or more years experience in the development, implementation and operation of:
- Chemical review and approval processes
- Chemical safety and management programs
- Hazardous waste compliance, BAAQMD compliance, wastewater management
- Hazardous Materials Business Plan, Emergency Action Plan, Tiered permitting
- Industrial hygiene monitoring and environmental sampling
- Incident response and investigation procedures
- Fire and gas life safety system management
- DEA/DHS regulated substance management
- POSSES THE SKILLS AND ABILITY TO:
- Develop and implement EHS programs
- Maintain and monitor environmental permitting and regulatory compliance
- Conduct and track workplace safety and compliance inspections
- Manage computer based EHS training development and delivery
- Additional skills and experience in the following areas are desirable
- Preparing submittals to the California Environmental Reporting System
- Establishing positive relationships with Federal, State, and Local regulatory agencies
- Leading incident reports, investigations and tracking
- Establishing relationships with peers, partners and Apple internal customers
- Assessing EHS risks in high hazard R&D environments
- Willingness to be on a 24-hour emergency response on-call rotation
This position will help develop and implement EHS programs to ensure safety and environmental protection and compliance are maintained at Apple facilities located in the Bay Area. Major areas of responsibility include: chemical safety, lab safety, equipment safety, contractor safety, hazardous waste management, spill prevention, emergency response, and EHS compliance inspections.
Education & Experience
- BA or BS program in a relevant EHS subject area
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.