Apple Music Team- Program Manager
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
This team is more than a group of engineers and dedicated Program Managers — it’s a group of music lovers. That passion has made Apple Music the world’s most complete music experience, with over 60 million songs, thousands of playlists, and daily selections from music experts for 115 countries. The team’s data-driven Program Managers focus relentlessly on the customer experience by running worldwide experiments and analyzing usage and latency, while collaborating with Apple’s product groups. As a result, someone can use the Shazam app to identify an intriguing song in a café in the morning, add it to their playlist from Apple Watch, listen to it through their AirPods on their commute, and share it with their family on HomePod at dinnertime. And there’s more where that came from, because personalization powered by machine learning and music science helps listeners discover more of what they love. Apple Music is a big part of Apple’s business because it’s a big part of people’s lives.
- 7+ years of program or technical project management experience in software development
- Passion for working on products related to Music and Artists
- A clear track record of making a difference in the projects you drive
- Naturally accountable and responsible
- Self-starting, self-motivated, proactive, and self-sufficient
- Extraordinary communication and presentation abilities (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization
- Strong technical proficiency. Bonus points for past programming experience
This role will work specifically on Apple Music, building features for our customers and partners. We're looking for people with a proven track record of shipping complex projects in machine learning and infrastructure. - Drive and ship high complex projects across all media types, including various facets of machine learning, computer vision and feature projects - Own overall cross-functional schedules, including research and development for our team collaborate other Apple groups (client teams, server, QA teams, business teams), and backend reporting systems - Coordinate all aspects of multiple concurrent features including scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation, as well as, reporting for your projects - Identify multiple projects that can be re-scoped against each other to maximize resources and time - Take a role in improving how features are built and executed in the AMP ecosystem
Education & Experience
- BS or equivalent experience. MBA a plus.