Software Development Engineer in Test
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Swift Platforms Experience team is looking for a driven and dedicated Software Engineer in Test. We are responsible for testing and ensuring the quality of major frameworks such as Foundation, UIKit, SwiftUI, and Xcode Previews. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the outstanding opportunity to be part of developing frameworks, tools and tests for all of Apple’s platforms. You’ll be working directly with some of the most hardworking software engineers responsible for the building blocks of the user experience across all of Apple’s platforms!
- Experience writing code in Swift or Objective-C to test an API, SDK, or Frameworks
- Experience developing various forms of software tests in any of the following: unit, functional, performance, or stress
- Experience driving development and deployment of continuous integration systems
- Detail oriented, analytical, and creative problem solver with interest in developing quality software
- Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and propose a resolution
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively, raise issues and take corrective action
You will work in a multi-functional team which is responsible for testing many projects on Apple’s platforms. We work closely with other software engineers, project managers, and various QA teams at Apple. Your role will help the Swift Platforms Experience team scale int test development by creating testable code bases, supporting frameworks, developing tests and test applications, triaging results and debugging problems to insure the next generation of Apple’s operating systems are delivered with the highest quality possible.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/CE or equivalent experience
- - Preferred experience developing for iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS, and/or tvOS with XCTest and Xcode